The lifeblood of any charitable organization is the volunteers. We can’t do what we do without a little bit of help from a whole lot of people!
Do you want a dog, but can’t have one right now? Do you work a lot or live somewhere that doesn’t allow dogs? You can get your dog-fix by taking our dogs for walks at the park! This helps with leash-training, socialization and basic commands. It also helps us get the word out about our rescue and our dogs!
Do you need student or court ordered community service hours? We need more volunteers at our Saturday adoption events to give the dogs potty breaks and walk or hold the barkers. We could also use some help with transport to/from events so we can take more dogs. You can only fit so many pooches in a Prius! In addition to that, you can earn community service hours by helping at the Ranch in these areas:
- Poop Patrol
- Assembling adoption packages
- Clerical work/filing
- Bookkeeping/CPA work
- General maintenance
- Yard work
- Grant writing/fundraisers
You can also do one or ALL of the following and help save a dog’s life:
- Sign up for our newsletter and share it with friends. How easy is that!?!
- Like our Facebook Fan Page and share our events with your friends.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Vote for AZCR in the Care2 America’s Favorite Shelter Contest.
- Subscribe to Modern Dog magazine and AZCR gets 50% as a donation!
- Donate money directly to AZCR through PayPal. ALL donations go right back to the dogs!
- Change your search engine! Every time you perform a search on iSearchiGive or GoodSearch, AZCR gets a donation. Every time you buy something from one of the partner sites, we get a percentage AND IT DOESN’T COST YOU ANYTHING!
- Shop for eco-friendly dog supplies at Pet-Super-Store.com
- Looking for all natural health supplements for your dog? Find them at PetWellbeing.com
- Get awesome dog supplies and gifts at FetchDog.com.
- Order your subscription to The Bark magazine and AZCR gets a donation!
- Need pet meds or supplies? Use PetCareChoice.com and AZCR gets a percentage.
Share Your Talents
- Host a car wash, DOG wash, bake sale, garage sale or some other type of fundraiser to support AZ Cocker Rescue. Every donation we get means we save another dog from being killed.
- Having a birthday party or another event? How about asking for donations for AZCR in lieu of gifts?
- Are you a pet professional? A groomer, trainer, photographer, etc…? Consider donating your services once a month.
- Do you work at Hobby Lobby? We need plain, white dog shirts in all 3 sizes so our pups can advertise themselves when they’re out for walks with volunteers!
- Know a great print shop? We need a couple banners, business cards and brochures!
- Are you a graphic artist? AZ Cocker Rescue is in dire need of a real logo, in various formats, for use on our website, banners, t-shirts, business cards, etc…